How often do you worry about your personal safety at work? Do you ever feel uneasy during your morning or afternoon commute? Have you ever refrained from staying late at the office by yourself? If so, you're not alone.
In an effort to learn more about personal safety issues in the workplace, we conducted a survey of over 1,000 working women. Here are a few of the study's important findings:
- 85% of working women are concerned about their own and others' personal safety
- Over 35% of professional women feel at risk of assault or threats at work
- Almost 30% of working women have known a female coworker that's been threatened or assaulted
- Over 40% of professional women have avoided staying late at work due to not feeling safe
- Nearly three quarters of working women don't carry personal safety tools - such as pepper spray or a personal alarm - to protect themselves at work
Because our #1 mission is to help you stay safe, we compiled tips and tricks to enhance your workplace safety.
More About Personal Safety at Work