After taking your college student and their gift haul back to campus, you’re probably wondering if you forgot to send anything along. Your checklist probably includes your student’s apartment/dorm keys, state ID and electronics. But one more must-have for campus is a personal safety tool, given that one in five college women is sexually assaulted during her college career, as reported by the White House.
So, what makes personal alarms a valuable addition to your student’s pepper spray? SABRE personal alarms, which you can find at The Andersons, are...
- Discreet and easy to carry - looks like a memory stick
- Easy to use - attaches to keychain - simply remove pin to sound the alarm
- Extremely loud - dual-siren design features 110 dB or more
- Legal on campuses that have restrictions on pepper spray (check with your school’s administration)
- Socially conscious - red version supports the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network and the pink version supports National Breast Cancer Foundation